If you use Quickbooks, you must be aware of the Quickbooks database server manager and have used it. But, sometimes you may face issues using the tool on the system. One of such issues that you can face is the Quickbooks database server manager stopped. This can happen because the security software installed on the system is interrupting the Quickbooks process. Other than this, you may not be able to use the Quickbooks application in multi-user mode. In case you have also encountered the error, this article is all you need. Here is how you can resolve the Quickbooks database server manager stopped working issue.
Reasons for Facing Quickbooks Database Server Manager Stopped Error
There are certain reasons for which you can encounter the Quickbooks database server manager not running issue. Below we have mentioned a list of all the possible reasons.
- The firewall is not configured properly.
- There are chances that the third-party software installed on the system is interrupting the Quickbooks process.
- You may have not installed the Quickbooks database server manager properly.
- Other than this, there are chances that the network file is causing this issue.
- Also, you can face the issue if you have not updated the database server manager on the system.
Troubleshooting Solutions for Quickbooks Database Server Manager Issue
Before you proceed with the advanced method, follow the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, you will have to sign out of the Quickbooks application.
- Next, you need to start your system again.
- When done, simply start the Quickbooks application on the system and then try logging in to the account.
- Users can also use Quickbooks file doctor to resolve this issue.
Now, if the basic troubleshooting methods didn’t resolve the issue for you, follow the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Repairing Quickbooks Application
- First, you will have to close all the background processes and then restart your system.
- Next, you will have to create a backup of the company file.
- Now, you will have to go to the start button and then open the control panel on the system.
- You will then have to choose the program and features option. Choose the uninstall option. There are chances that you may not be able to find the option, you need to click on the program option and then click on the program feature option.
- After this, you will have to look for the Quickbooks option and then choose to uninstall it. You will no have to click on the Next option.
- When done, in the next window, you will have to click on the repair button and then choose Next. You will now have to wait till the process completes.
- You will now have to click on the Finish button and then download the Quickbooks application.
Method 2: Updating Firewall
- To begin with, you will have to press the Windows key and R key together.
- In the Run window opened, you will have to type the control panel and then click on the Ok button.
- Next, you will have to choose the option for system and security.
- After this, you need to choose the option to check for updates.
- Wait for the system to check for any updates and then click on the updates now option.
- When the updates are installed on the system, restart your system to let the changes take place.
Method 3: Start Quickbooks Database Server Manager Service Again
To begin with, you will have to press the Windows key and R key together to open the Run window on the screen.
- In the run window, you will have to enter services. msc and then click on the Ok button.
- You will then have to look for the Quickbooks database server manager service and then right-click on it.
- Next, you will have to then choose the restart option.
- When done, you will have to start Quickbooks again and then see the backup.
Method 4: Create Exception for QBDBMGNR
- First, you will have to start the run window on the system, and in the search box, type windows firewall. Now, click on the Ok button to open the firewall on the system.
- After this, you need to go to the list of programs and then click on the advanced settings option.
- You will now have to click on the inbound rules option and then choose the new rule option.
- Next, you will have to choose the Next button and then click on the program path button.
- Now, you need to make sure to exclude the QBDBMgrN.exe file and then choose the folder in which you have stored the company file. When done, click on the Next button.
- When done, you will have to click on the option to allow the connection, Choose to continue, and the Next option.
- After this, You need to type the name for the rule and choose the finish button.
- Start your system again and then keep working on the QBW company file.
Method 5: Restart the System Again
- To start with, you will have to sign out of your Quickbooks account.
- Next, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system.
- Now, start your system again and then start Quickbooks.
- Login to your Quickbooks account again.
You may encounter the Quickbooks database manager server stopped issue while updating the Quickbooks application. All the methods that we have mentioned will surely help you to fix the QBDBMgnR not working issue. In case the error persists, you can seek technical guidance.